A 12 Step Guide!
Mondays can usually be the worst day of the week for some people. With Monday being the beginning of the week, a fresh start, this is a great time for you to have a magnificent Monday so you can have a wonderful week.
To start the week off right let’s backtrack to the night before, Sunday night.
If you are like me, I like to take my showers the night before so I have more time to focus on myself getting ready in the morning rather than rushing around before leaving for work. Take this extra time to pamper yourself before crawling into bed for the night. After my shower, I love to use face masks, all kinds of face masks; I love the way they make my skin feel and then I make sure to moisturize afterward. After I crawl into bed I usually read for about an hour before falling asleep.
Now, let’s get ready for Monday.
1. Wake up ten to fifteen minutes earlier than usual. I know you want to sleep in but trust me, you will thank yourself for putting your feet on the ground and not having to rush yourself.
2. Wash your face. Use a moisturizing face wash, something that will wake your skin up and get your blood flowing. I use Clean & Clear Oil-Free Deep Action Exfoliating Facial Scrub, Cooling Face Wash for Deep Pore Cleansing, 7 oz. I love this face wash because it leaves my skin feeling fresh and tingly. Depending on how my skin is looking I use an exfoliating brush as well, however, I try to only use it two to three times per week. Don’t forget to brush your teeth!
3. Moisturize. Moisturize. Moisturize. Do not skip this step. I use Puriya Cream for Eczema, This is hands down, the best moisturizer I have found for my eczema. I have been using this product for the last three to four years, two times a day. It is smooth and light. It’s not sticky and doesn’t leave my face feeling like it is full of products that aren’t working. It is such a relief to not have my skin peeling or all red and itchy. This moisturizer has definitely been my lifesaver. Also, if you wear make-up, make sure it makes you feel good about your self – even though you are beautiful regardless.
4. Wear your hair down. This may not be possible for everyone depending on your job, however, if able style your hair to wear it down so you are not straining your hair follicles. This can also decrease your chances of getting a headache as the day goes on.
5. Put on your favorite outfit. Even if you have to wear a uniform for your job, make sure you put on something that makes you feel confident and beautiful. Whether it be a piece of jewelry or your favorite pair of socks. My favorite pair of socks are white ankle socks with little pink triceratops on them.
6. Have your favorite morning drink. Anything that makes you feel good, a smoothie, coffee, tea, water, or a protein shake. I love Dunkin’ Donuts coffee so this is a given for me to stop -almost- every morning and get one of my favorite drinks from them. Also, don’t forget to eat breakfast!
7. Rock out to your favorite music. While you are on your way to work don’t sit in silence. Regardless of how you transport to work, you have to have a way to listen to the best feel-good music you can. Get your serotonin pumping and try not to dread having to go to work today.
8. Use your favorite pen. Chances are at some point during your day you will have to write something down. Make sure you are carrying your favorite pen on you to use. Using a good pen is good for the soul, and never let anyone else borrow it. BIC Gel-ocity Quick Dry Retractable Gel Pen, Medium Point (0.7mm), Black, 3-Count. These are my favorite pens. They are super smooth and I could just write with them all day.
9. Get your favorite meal for lunch. I love Panera Bread and could eat their Greek salads all the time. Make sure you get something that is going to keep you satisfied the rest of your time at work or doing your errands. The last thing you want is to be thinking about how hungry you are.
10. Clean up your workspace before you leave for the day. Some places may have this as a requirement before you can leave, however, when I first started working at a desk I never cleaned it up properly as often as I should have. There were always papers everywhere. To some, it may look like a mess but I knew where everything was. By cleaning up your workspace, you have now set the bar for yourself that the next time you come into work, your area will be clean and you will feel better about the day since you are not seeing a huge stack of papers glaring at you first thing when you get there.
11. Change into your most comfortable loungewear. You are now home and made it through a, hopefully, less stressful day. Finish your day off right by getting comfortable. Make (or buy) an easy but filling dinner so there will be minimal effort needed to clean up your kitchen tonight.
12. Relax. Last but not least, relax. Do what you love to do and make sure it calms you. Sit outside, Read a book, play a video or board game, drink a glass of wine or a cup of tea, watch a movie or binge watch T.V. shows. As long as you are ending the day relaxed and happy. Yoga pants are my favorite loungewear with a long sleeve shirt.
– This guide will vary from person to person depending on your specific needs –
*Product links in this post are affiliate links. Anything you purchase through them can help in the running of my website. However, I only post items I personally bought and use.